CANFIT offers planning, policy, training and implementation support to community-based organizations, foundations, and government agencies seeking to improve community nutrition and physical activity.
CANFIT brings over 20 years of experience:
- Designing and implementing community-based nutrition and physical activity projects in low income, ethnic communities.
- Providing training and technical assistance to community-based organizations, collaboratives, health professionals, and community members.
- Developing culturally appropriate nutrition and physical activity education materials and trainings for youth and community members (in English/Spanish).
Specifically, CANFIT can provide content expertise in:
- Program Development
- Nutrition and Food Systems
- Obesity Prevention
- Physical Activity
- Policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) change strategies and implementation
- Youth and community engagement
CANFIT assists busy health professionals in conceptualizing obesity prevention or healthy lifestyles programs that will be effective in their communities. Our mission is to work with communities and policymakers to develop culturally resonant policies and practices that improve food and physical activity environments for low income communities and communities of color. Our organizational philosophy emphasizes community-based solutions, youth and community engagement, cultural competency, health equity and collaboration.
CANFIT can provide:
- Professional development and training
- Lesson plans on nutrition education and physical activity promotion
- Nutrition and physical activity standards interpretation and integration
- Consulting, coaching and technical assistance to assist with the development of policy, systems and environmental change strategies
- Educational materials, handouts, and resources (Check out our publications page for a full listing)