Since 1993, CANFIT has provided professional development opportunities to policymakers, government agencies, school, after school and health professionals, and youth-serving and community-based organizations. Our hands-on consulting, trainings and workshops focus on advancing culturally competent policies, practices and programs for adolescents in low income communities and communities of color.
Trainings & Workshops
Here’s what some previous participants of a CANFIT training had to say:
“The activity section was a great way to teach me how to get my youth more involved in health and exercises along with having fun!”
“I wanted it to be longer!”
“Great participatory format!”
“The workshop was very fun and unique!”
“Lots of simple and easy-to-implement ideas!”
CANFIT provides a variety of nutrition and physical activity related trainings. All of our trainings are interactive, hands-on, involve skill-building activities and have been pilot-tested and proven effective.
For more info about each training, click here.
Each training comes with the following:
- Workshop needs assessment completed by CANFIT staff to develop individualized workshop plan.
- CANFIT Certificate of Completion for hosting organization.
- CANFIT Certificate of Completion and special gift for each participant.
- Handouts and workshop materials for 15-40 participants.
- Summary of workshop evaluation compiled by CANFIT staff.
- Summary of participant plans for implementation compiled by CANFIT staff.
- Three month follow up with participants on plans for implementation. Check out a list of CANFIT services and trainings .
Workshop Assessment Form
In order to meet the specific needs of each group we train, we ask them to fill out a pre-workshop planning form so that we can tailor the training according to their unique needs.
Training Set-up Form
Since our CANFIT trainings are completely interactive, we recommend to set-up the training in this room style.
Consulting & Coaching
We can help you! CANFIT offers planning, program development, policy training and implementation support to community-based organizations, foundations, and government agencies seeking to improve community nutrition and physical activity among youth. For more info about our consulting services,